The Electronics Group is a fully authorised IPC Training Centre based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Our Training Centre is the largest in the UK offering technical facilities for both the theory and practical courses. Our Master IPC Trainers are qualified to the very highest IPC levels, and our equipment is unsurpassed.
In addition to providing courses at our training centre we can also provide training at your facility if this is required.
IPC Training and Standards Explained
IPC is a global organisation developing international quality standards and training courses for the electronics industry.
There are five main industry-developed and approved IPC certificated courses.
Two of them are process ‘how to do’ courses (J-STD-001 and 7711/7721), and three of them are acceptance ‘how to check’ courses (A-600, A-610 & WHMA-A-620); they are each appropriate to different stages of the manufacturing process:
CIT or CIS?
The two levels of Certification offered by The Electronics Group are:
- CIT – Certified IPC Trainer
- As a Trainer, you will be taught by an MIT – Master IPC Trainer how to train others in the relevant discipline(s).
- CIS – Certified IPC Specialist
- You will be Certified as an Application Specialist meaning you can apply the knowledge covered on your course to your work.
What are the business benefits of IPC Accreditation?
IPC standards, skills and knowledge provide a number of clear benefits for the business:
- Where standards are vital to win contracts
- Reduce costs through improved quality
- Increase productivity from improved skills
- Improved technical knowledge to solve problems
- Better teamwork through common understandings
- Improve efficiency through simplified procedures
- Minimise costs by getting it right first time
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Enhance your reputation in the marketplace
- Reduced outsourcing errors on received PCBs
There are also clear individual benefits:
- A professional certification
- Increased credibility
- Increased job confidence
The Electronics Group is uniquely equipped to support the UK’s electronics industry.
The range of industrial sectors where IPC training is relevant is huge. Any organisation that makes printed circuit boards, electronic assemblies or wire harnesses, or which buys such items in and needs to quality check them, will benefit from an IPC course. Typical industries include:
- Oil and Gas
- Industrial control
- and many more…