The Electronics Group Limited (EGL) Course booking terms and conditions and cancellation policy
Effective from 1st August 2016. Please note these ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without notice.
- For current course costs and dates, please contact EGL directly. The contact details are available on our website.
- Before booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the course content, to ensure the course will meet your training needs and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where stated.
- If a course registration/booking form is completed by an individual other than the named candidate, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience.
- Upon receipt of your booking form, and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
- Important note: EGL’s acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
- Purchase orders may be accepted in lieu of payment at time of booking at EGL’s sole discretion.
- Acceptance of purchase orders is subject to EGL’s prior approval for credit terms.
- Purchase orders shall not be accepted from any customer at any time during which the customer’s account is placed on “stop” due to default.
Invoicing and payment
- Course fees are payable upon booking unless a valid, authorised Purchase Order is provided and accepted.
- Invoices will be sent via post to the name and address provided on the booking form and must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date or not later than 15 working days prior to the start of the course, whichever date occurs soonest (the “due date”).
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by cheque, credit/debit card or BACS.
- If any amount properly due to EGL under or in connection with these terms and conditions remains outstanding beyond the due date EGL may:
charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of Lloyds Bank PLC from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment, be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or
b. claim interest and statutory compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998).
Course attendance and certification
- Candidates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the candidate. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the course registration/booking form to contact EGL to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost being incurred.
- EGL will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided on the booking form. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance (including interest on overdue balances and statutory compensation) due to EGL.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of EGL, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the tutor.
Cancellations and Amendments
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
*excluding extenuating circumstances which will be charged at EGL’s discretion.
||The Electronics Group Ltd
|BIC / Swift code:
Payment can be made by Cheque, BACS, or PayPal. All cheques are to be made payable to The Electronics Group Limited.
33 Park Row
Leeds VAT No: GB241349129
LS1 1LD Company Registration No: 09709489
Payment by debit or credit card can be made via our website http://www.electronicsgroup.co.uk/make-a-payment by selecting “Pay by Debit or Credit Card”. Payment by card can also be made by calling 0113 274 4270.
In the event of cancellation four weeks or less before the start of the course, the full course fee will be due and payable. In the event of postponement, postponement fees will be charged as follows:
|More than 4 weeks before course start date
|3-4 weeks before course start date
||10% of course fee
|2-3 weeks before course start date
||30% of course fee
|1-2 weeks before course start date
||50% of course fee
|1 week or less before course start date
||70% of course fee
The Electronics Group reserves the right to cancel or substitute course dates
In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us, prior to the course date.
- If the individual named on the booking form is unable to attend, and cannot or does not wish to transfer their place to another candidate, a percentage of the fee paid may be charged towards a place on the same or another course that takes place within 6 months following the originally booked event. The amount of the course fee applicable is shown below:
Delegates are only permitted to one course transfer or substitution per booking. After this the full fee will be charged.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course EGL reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by EGL, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another EGL course. EGL shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- Lunch is provided on all full day courses unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to EGL in advance of the course commencing.
- If you are unable to attend any of the course due to extenuating circumstances you must inform EGL in writing.
- If you were unable to attend due to illness you must provide evidence in the form of a doctor’s note.
Non-solicitation of Staff
- You shall not solicit or entice away or seek to entice away from EGL to work for your business, whether as principal, agent, partner, director, employee, secondee or consultant, any person who is or was employed or engaged by EGL in providing the Services.
- Should you be in breach of the above clause, then you shall pay EGL a sum to cover EGL’s reasonable losses in this matter.
- EGL shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
- We do not store customer credit card details.
- Refund and cancellation policy is in conjunction with your statutory rights and entitles you to a 28 day refund, providing that goods are in a resalable condition upon return to ‘The Electronics Group Ltd.’.
- Return postage to the vendor is to be agreed between you [the customer] and a courier of your choosing; to be delivered in business operation hours of ‘The Electronics Group Ltd.’ between 08:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday.
These terms and conditions, together with the current EGL prices, course details and EGL contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the course and associated materials and services to you by EGL. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a Director of EGL. In particular, no terms and conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any person on behalf of EGL should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods or services offered for sale by EGL. EGL shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
- ‘Us in context of this document refers to The Electronics Group, including (but not limited to) its’ staff, board of directors, offices, logos, trademarks and all intellectual properties.’
- ‘The Electronics Group Limited’ is referred to as ‘EGL’ throughout this document. The Electronics Group is a registered company limited by shares.